How do you Know If Your HVAC System Is Due for an Upgrade?
HVAC System Is Due for an Upgrade? HVAC systems do not age well; your Air Conditioning equipment works hard daily and needs some TLC to keep it running. In South Florida, HVAC systems struggle to maintain the desired temperature throughout your home. Set the desired temperature in your home for heating and cooling. But it’s time to upgrade your HVAC unit when that decade ends.
In South Florida, we all need dependable air conditioners and heating equipment. We are often asked, How many years should an HVAC system last? The general answer will be determined if your Heating and Cooling unit is over a decade old.
1) Heating & Cooling Units are 10+ years old. The average air conditioner is built to last 15 to 20 years if well maintained. Without a plan to maintain your air conditioning system, maintenance needs to be checked regularly; you might have problems in year 10 with major AC repair bills, and increasing energy bills are a big indicator that it’s time to upgrade or need an AC replacement.
2) Blowing cold air or blowing hot air. The HVAC systems cycle warm air conditioning throughout your home into cold, comfortable temperatures. When the HVAC system gets older, the repairs will increase. Then it’s a sure sign that upgrading your HVAC system needs is time.
3) Weak airflow is the worst. This could mean that your HVAC system can not keep up with the comfortable temperature you have set. Cycling on and off frequently is a sign it’s time to have your unit serviced and installed, possibly upgrading your HVAC system.
4) Loud noise. Coming from your current system could mean parts are worn and need attention to determine if it’s safe. Compressors and Turn off the thermostat and call Atlantis for an efficient evaluation of your HVAC system.
5) Humidity in homes is a sign it’s time to call for service. An older HVAC unit cycles the air throughout your home and cycles the heating into cooling comfortable temperature. But if you are feeling sticky and sweating, your unit requires repairs to replace your HVAC unit or parts that are worn down. When the repairs become frequent, it’s time to upgrade your HVAC system.
6) Unusual smells or odors in your home, and after investigation, determine where the unusual smell is coming from the HVAC unit’s vents or the unit itself. A build-up of humidity mixed with dirt and dust over time will start bacteria to build up if not correctly cycled, and an upgrade to UV light to help kill viruses and bacteria in the air of your living space. This will help families or workers who have allergies or are sensitive to mold or mildew.
7) Leaking water from your HVAC System will often appear in your invitation of noises and smells, or just at home where the heating or cooling cycles on more frequently. Water is never a good sign to a homeowner, for it can damage the home’s interior and cause health issues with mold and mildew growing in your HVAC unit.
How often to update your air conditioner and heating system? It is a tricky question because it depends on how well you take care of your Air Conditioning system with regular tune-ups and maintenance. Just like a car, if you don’t do regular maintenance like oil, tire, and Tune-ups. Just like a car needs AC maintenance, so does your Air conditioner.
Ignoring this can result in costly upkeep for machines that frequently break down. Regular maintenance will help protect your investment to get the manufacturer-suggested life span of your Air conditioner.
How Do HVAC Units Affect the Value of a Property?
If you want to sell your property, adding a brand new HVAC system often boosts the value and appeal of the property by as much as 10 percent. A new roof will help sell a house, as will a new heating and cooling unit. So it might be time to upgrade your HVAC system.
Here are some professional tips to help you identify if an air conditioning system upgrade is needed:
Loud, unusual sounds from your air conditioning system are never good. Things trapped in the fans after a storm or getting sucked into the outdoor unit can cause serious repair issues with cooling fluid, broken fans, etc.
- Noise on before or start-up
- The outdoor unit is noisier than usual.
- A creaking or banging noise comes from the furnace.
- A loud blower in the ductwork
- Spending a lot of money on an older Air conditioning system.
- Increasing utility bills
- Frequent and/or costly repair bills
- Unable to shut your AC off or turn it on can indicate a faulty compressor.
- The AC runs longer to cool or heat the living space.
- Energy bills or Utility bills keep creeping up every month.
- Emergency service to your HVAC system.
So, how do you know if your HVAC system is due for an upgrade?
All the signs may not be clear when to replace your HVAC unit. According to the professional at Atlantis AC, with huge repair bills in emergency services. With all the signs, it’s time to replace your HVAC system.
Energy costs slowly increase with your AC usage. Indeed, they’re not indestructible; their parts will deteriorate over time. No matter how great the maintenance is on an HVAC system, the old parts must be replaced soon! To learn if your home’s units can upgrade,
Higher Energy Bills
A significant sign that it’s time to replace your HVAC unit is if your home’s energy costs increase. Hotter months can be the result of an aging HVAC System. It’s more noticeable in the high heat = Higher electric usage.
Property value how to know if your HVAC system is due for an upgrade of your HVAC units? Take a look at the overall value of a property. For those planning to sell their home, a brand-new heating and AC unit can boost the value of their property by up to 10%.
Sometimes, owners may think purchasing an air conditioner filter replacement will resolve the issue. However, if the system installed is over a decade old, it may be time to consider relief, as poor air conditioning could hurt the sale.
You can also see good HVAC services that provide cooling and heating maintenance, heating services, ac repair, heating equipment replacement, or heat pump repair! How to Tell If an old or faulty HVAC system can hurt your home’s air quality is when there’s an abnormal dust buildup.
The ventilation system in your HVAC unit helps keep the air quality clean, but if it isn’t working correctly, it can cause dust and other debris to build up when your HVAC System has aged by more than a decade old. Watch for these signs; you will know it’s time for a replacement Air Conditioning system.
Call us for a free consultation on what kind of HVAC unit is best to lower your energy cost and deliver the best indoor quality air system within budget.